no emotions towards the baby

has this happened to anyone else? i'm 24 weeks pregnant and i just went through serious break up and now everytime i look in the mirror i get upset and im just sick of being pregnant. ive been in a very bad depression and i feel so empty and lost. i feel really guilty becuase i know from everyone, she is the most innocent one here. i dont want her to think i dont want her but i'm really worried that i'll still feel like this when she's born. (please no bashing, i'm already feeling guitly) i just wantto know if distance from the baby is something someone esle has felt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I feel the same exact waysimple frown

Anonymous

• its normal to have a range of feeling when your pregnant., you might even feel that way after you give birth.. the first 2 weeks is the hardest and if your feeling this way now, your more susceptable for post partem depression....... talk to your doctor about how you feel though, they can help alot.....
    but the moment you have your baby you will feel more happy.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I am sure that you are not the only one that feels this way. Due to the fact that when you look at yourself and think of being pregnant you think of it in regards to your relationship. That is understandable. Completely change the way your thinking about your pregnant self and your baby. Think of it in the way that your have been blessed with a precious little baby. Constantly remind yourself of how lucky you are to have a little baby and once you finally get to hold your little baby and see your sonograms later in pregnancy you will feel better. If your really concerned maybe try talking to a therapist or your dr they can be a big help! and good luck :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• When the baby gets here, trust me when I say this, you will change your mind. You will experience a joy and love that you are not capable of knowing about right now. This happens once you become a mother. I know it's scary when you think about how you will feel, compared to how you are feeling right now, but there are no words to describe the feeling. One can only truly know this feeling once they experience the birth of their baby. It's okay to feel the way you are feeling right now considering what you have went through. You might need to seek some counseling right now to help you get over the slump you are in. But, realize there is nothing wrong with your feelings. Everyone is entitled to feel sad, confused, upset, angry, aggravated, etc. They are emotions we all experience. By asking this question today, I know that you are going to be a fine mamma one day. Don't be afraid.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yes, please, talk to your doctor. Feeling sad is no good for the baby! Every time I feel sad, like I'm just some pregnant girl that nobody wants because I'm so big, I try to focus on something else that is going on in my day. When you're sad, your baby is sad. That's what my family keeps telling me, so I do my best, for my baby, to keep my chin up. Good luck.
    Zennie2005

Answer by Zennie2005 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Some people say it will change, sometimes it won't. I felt emotionally unattached to my son at first..after he was born. Hopefully you won't feel that way. I have never heard of feeling that way before the baby is born, but I am sure it can happen and probably has everything to do with hormones and the depression. Good luck..
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 9:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I was in a state of shock my entire pregnancy and didn't feel any emotion to the baby in my tummy, but once he came out and I had to take care of him it all changed. Your love will grow more and more each day for your baby once she is born. Just when you think that you couldn't love her anymore you surprise yourself. It's going to feel like it's just you and her.
    Anonymous

• With my first I was excited every step of the way but with this pregnancy between week 7 through 10 I stopped being happy for some reason. It wasnt exciting for me at all and I didnt know why all the sudden I felt this way, it made me feal like a terrible person cause I love children and it took us so long to get pregnant with our second and we even underwent fertility treatment. But it was all just a phase I went through cause now Im back to my normal self and counting down the weeks till I deliver. Hormones really change the mood your in and just make you feal like yourself. Dont think your horrible or anything this will all pass. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I really wanted a boy and found out I was having a girl. I was seriously crushed. I didn't feel anything for her while I was pregnant. It didn't help matters that I barely looked 5 months when I had her (at 41 weeks) or that she would move once a day at most and sometimes not for days. I honestly forgot I was even pregnant all the time. After I had her, it was totally differant. I would still talk to your doctor but hormones may have a lot to do with it. Maybe you need some meds now, who knows. Best of luck to you and congrats.
    BrTupac

Answer by BrTupac at 2:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2009