Siblings with similar names?

The names are hypothetical, I don't care whether you like the names or not. They could be any two 2 syllable names with the same 1st syllable but a totally different second/last syllable. I Just want to know if they are TOO close to each other to use for siblings or not.

This is hypothetical. If I had one daughter named Kylie and named my next daughter Kyra, would they be too similar?

It would help if you could vote on my poll too :)

http://www.cafemom.com/quizzes/poll_view.php?id=48055

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 9:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Our boys names sound very similar. And no matter what you name them, you will call them by the wrong name when you are in a hurry! :-) Go for it if you like the names. (Our boys are Nathaniel and Daniel).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• You have to remember when you are in a hurry and you go to call your child by that name... chances are you will confuse their names. My g kids have names that are very similar and it gets very confusing. If that is what you want to do, however, I would definitely go for what I want.

Anonymous

• I think it would be cute! =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Well, only thing is it could get confusing. I have five cousins that all being with R

Rebecca
    Renee
    Regina
    Rachel and
    Rena.

Rena is actually a cousin of the first four and to me. They also lived side by side in a duplex and as a child (same age they are) I thought Rena was their sister and it did get confusing, even with calling Rebecca, Becky.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I am totally debating the same thing! I love the name Anya but sometimes I think it would be too similar to Evelyn. In this situation, I probably would wait until I see my baby in my arms and decide if she really looked like an Anya or not.
    MumFerg

Answer by MumFerg at 10:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Thanks for the input. My name is Ashley and my sisters are Cammarie and Samantha, so nothing a like and my dad pretty much called us all Ash-Cam-Sam (like one name lol). I'm not so worried about mixing the names up, I'm just curious if people would think it was weird that they were so similar or if people thought that they wouldn't feel like they (the DD's) have their own separate identities, or whatever.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Hey mumferg! Nice to see you :) I don't thin Anya is too close to Evelyn at all!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i actually know someone w a kyra and a kylie. im not a fan of names that are so similar, or matchy twin names.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I call my kids by the wrong name all the time & none of them are remotely similar. I can only imagine what it would be like if they were!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I don't think they are too close.
    My 4 yr olds name is Kayci and were having another girl in Feb and her name is going to be Karlee so they are somewhat close.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2009