How do I get over my insecurities?

How can I stop being so worried about how my body looks? I just had a kid and it's already looking great, I just miss the way it used to look- I know I'll never get that body back no matter what I do so how can I begin to get over it and embrace my new mommy body?

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 9:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I know how you feel.. BUT you have to tell yourself that your body has gone through a lot of changes in order to make that beautiful baby! A HUMAN BEING!! Incredible!! Your after baby body should be a memory of when you gave birth...
    YoursTrulySteph

Answer by YoursTrulySteph at 1:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I feel the same way. Everyone always tells me I lok good but I just cannot believe them.
    Anonymous

• If only there was a tried and true method to get over insecurities -- if someone could invent one they'd be millionaires!
    I've found that yoga helps me. Doing it consistently, 3 x a week for 3 months and more made me slim down and mellow out about my looks. I just had a baby too and I don't think I can make it to yoga classes for awhile.
    My next piece of advice, then, is to hang out with other moms and embrace this new phase in your life rather than wishing for the old one back.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 9:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Embrace that body. There's no reason to fret when you say you're already looking great.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2009