What do I do about a person who attacks my advice online?

I'd like to direct this question to a Cafemom administrator. I know it takes all kinds to have a place to go and post what I believe would be good advice. There is a person on this CAFEMOM who is ripping apart any answert I give to an advice post-a BULLY and if you ask me I will supply her name. I am a parent of a Down Syndrome child and want to share what I have done. What I WILL NOT TOLERATE is a person ripping my advice apart to attack me and start drama. I would appreciate something be done about her. I am NOT CHANGING ANYTHING THAT I HAVE ALREADY SET UP!!!!!! I am politely asking that whatever it takes to get her out of my hair-and hopefully you, CAFEMOM will do it and not give me the runaround.I feel I have a valid complaint and I will continue to give advice if I see fit-because I am well mannered and this other person has a real problem if she has to attack my replies to make herself feel important!!!!!

VeronicaTex

Asked by VeronicaTex at 9:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

• just continue to report them. and ignore the idiots. when you respond, they get off on that sort thing. there are trolls in cyberspace, and please realize there are some people on here who are merely filling their days by living a fake life in space, the one they wish they had. where their children are perfect, they are perfect moms, and so on. take it with a grain of salt and keep reporting. good luck.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Seriously? Why do you care about the comments of strangers?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• This seems to be a very common CM problem. I wish you luck. I have wondered if complaints are even received.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Honestly, if it's that she disagrees with your advice, thinks it's stupid, thinks you're way off base, or whatever (btw, I'm NOT saying you are, just that if she thinks you are), and her response is along the lines of discounting what you say, or trying to "prove your advice wrong", or whatever, then there really isn't a lot you can do about it, because we're allowed to disagree. The only thing you can do is ignore her.

Now, if she's attacking you, personally, then you can report her posts (click on the report the post button and follow the steps there). Cafemom will review the complaint, and if they think the post is an attack, they'll remove the post. If it's bad enough, or if it happens enough, they can block or suspend her account.

If she's sending you personal messages, you can block her, and also complain with the reporting it ways I was talking about.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Complaints are received, I've seen posts removed, and I've seen members removed, because they were behaving in inappropriate ways, attacking others as individuals, etc.

But the thing is, they won't remove them just because they're a nasty person, or because they don't agree with or dislike someone else, as long as they don't cross the lines.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The Admin at Cafe Mom does listen. I reported 3 posts that were removed. One was a woman wanting to be a surrogate. 2 people warned her she was advertising. With the thousands of people on Cafe Mom the potential for diaster was great if she found a desperate woman that couldn't bear her own child. The other post was where someone referred to a person with mental retardation as a RETARD. This is the year 2009, and it violated group members guideline # 3 with using slurs and sterotypes. I have seen RETARD on Cafe Mom with people bantering he is such a Retard. The word is politically incorrect, and Cafe Mom took and stand with using retard to refer to a mentally retarded person. I salute Cafe Mom for taking this stand. They do listen, but it has to fall under the guidelines.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Opps I am sorry I reported 2 posts
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2009