snooty old lady....

The other day my 4 year old had to go pee and told his teacher and she told him to wait (recess) well he peed on himself when the other teacher was taking him to the bathroom so they put a pair of pants on him (some the school had because all he had was shorts at the time) and they was to big at the waist. I had to pick him up after school and meet my hubby in the next town so I didnt go back home to change him. We went to wal-mart and was looking at the kids clothes and his pants fell down to his ankles and this older snooty lady looks at him then at me and points her nose in the air so I explained what happened and she didnt say a word just stuck her nose in the air again. I just hate it when people think they are so much better than anyone else. Has anyone ever had something like this happen?

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 9:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Gosh, that was so sad. I am sorry that you had this experience.

The only time something like this happened to me was actually comical. I'd taken my little granddaughter to the potty in a museum and since she pulled down her own pants I didn't realize I hadn't pulled all of them up until we walked out of the bathroom and I looked down and the poor child was shuffling along with her little pants (not her panties, some kind of cover for the panties) on the floor.

Answer by Bmat at 9:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• When you went to pick him up why didn't you bring some cloths for him to change into?

Answer by louise2 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't get too worried about it, meaning with the old lady. My dd once started to undress in the middle of the supermarket aisle, pulling her dress over her head. Maybe she didn't have any grandkids or they were so old she forgot what kids are like. My mother in like that lady- she is very intolerant of kids misbehaving.

You really should be more concerned about the school - a four year old who says he needs the bathroom just about always does need it. It's not for several years that kids try to figure out ways to get out of a class lesson.

Call the school and set up an appointment w/the teacher. Don't say why except that it's in regards to your son. That way she doesn't go on the defensive way in advance. Make it clear that you expect your son to not come home with someone else's clothes again and to be allowed to use the bathroom - that if the bathroom becomes a habit you are to be told early on not months later.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Okay I had this happen to me as a child. I was in the first grade, asked to use the bathroom and was told I had to wait until after the Pledge of Allegience. Oh and I was in a skirt, so when I went, the whole class heard it. I didn't make it. Wouldn't have been so bad but we had bathrooms in our class! My mom wasn't home so they called my cousin's mom and she had to bring me some of her daughter's clothes, and then I had to walk back past the third grade (where cousin was) and she saw me with her clothes and knew at once what happened. It was not a pleasant day and I would have been furious at the teacher. Its ridiculous to make a child who has to go, wait.
    Anonymous

• POST HERE-LOUISE2- I DIDNT BRING HIM ANY CLOTHES BECAUSE I DIDNT FIND OUT ABOUT IT UNTIL I GOT TO THE SCHOOL AND THE TEACHER JUST TOLD ME HE HAD AN ACCIDENT ON HIS WAY TO THE BATHROOM. I DIDNT FIND OUT WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED UNTIL WE LEFT THE SCHOOL AND HE TOLD ME.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 10:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i would be pissed at the teacher for making him wait.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No way should a 4 year old have to wait to use the potty. Sometimes I'll ask my 3yo if she can wait and she tells me yes or no...and I believe her!

In my school all pre-K through K actually have their own bathrooms. Also, these ages are required to have a change of clothes (down to underwear and socks) in their back packs; I put the clothes in one of those blue big Ziploc bags.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I had that happen once with my daughter. She was in Brownies, they met after school, at school. She didn't, and still doesn't, have any hips, but was always extremely tall, so buying her pants was always such a challenge for us. I had forgotten her belt that day, and for some reason, the girls were out in the hallway dancing and jumping. Well, her pants fell down just as one of the staff walked by. This person knew this was my daughter, and also knew me, but chose to send a note to the Brownie leaders about 'the incident' accusing my daughter of pulling her pants down, and that maybe the school was not the best place for them to meet, blah, blah, blah. I was so upset, I offered to take her out of the troop so that they wouldn't lose their meeting place, but the troop stood behind us. Nothing ever happened, but I never forgot it. Yeah, the pants shouldn't have fallen down, but she was a little girl, for heaven's sake!
    calico1954

Answer by calico1954 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I had a nice older gentleman approach me when my 2 yo was having a meltdown (nap time but we had to get milk and some other stuff.) To tell me he could remember when the commissary (on the Navy base) didn't allow children into the store. I smiled at him and on my last nerve and told him I remember the days when people minded their own damn business. Yep gonna burn for that one. : )
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• OH GOSH! My daughter lost her pants coming off the bus. She has these capri short things that she's OBSESSED with wearing and they are an 8 and she's closer to a 7. Of course no elastic things. Well she couldn't get the prong to go into her belt, and like no one would help her, so she's carrying it on the bus. Well, everything would have been okay but the new guard up there at her bus is a douchewanger and he goes and says "Uh oh someone lost her pants!" Like seriously? you see she has the belt in her hand obviously something happened, so you point it out to everyone? How old are we? Mind you the kid behind her had his damn pants around his knee caps but that was fine and dandy.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2009