Please Help!

Hello, I have a baby boy who is 6mo's old. He is on an eating schedule from which he eats:
8am-6oz formula & 2tbl cereal,
12pm-6oz formula & 1 jar of 1st stage fruit or veggy,
4pm-6oz formula & 1 fruit or veggy or meat,
8pm-8oz formula & fruit, veggy or meat.
then sleeps til 8am...lucky me!! :)
now, in between these feedings, we have added oz's here and there to either his bottle or solids, and he is consistently fussy in between feedings as if he isn't getting enough to eat. He is teething, but that's not my issue, I would just like to know if there are any mothers out there who have there baby on a schedule and if so, hopefully more in relation to mine, which was born 9lbs & 1 oz, 21in long...and is a boy. I hear boys eat more, and because of his lg weight at birth, I've been told that he may just eat more than the avg baby out there. so, hopefully enough of you mommies out there can relate to my situation. thanx

trijobaby

Asked by trijobaby at 9:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breast fed and my son ate every 2-3 hours. Maybe try feeding a little more frequently, possible less at a time. My Mom said that she has to put cereal in my formula from a just couple months on because I was always so hungry.
    Anonymous

• My son was breastfed but I also pumped and gave formula at night. He ate probably double that!! Granted he has a huge appetite and grew like crazy. At 6 months he was the size of a one year old (height). Does he stop eating on his own, or do you just stop after giving him that amount? Babies will generally refuse food once they satrt getting full. I would try feeding him more! Good luck.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Babies need to eat more than 4 times a day. There is no way he's getting enough to eat. You can probably add solids in between those feedings.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• That is just about what my daughter eats (and around the same times) and she is 8 months old. The only difference is that she is on stage 2 baby food and eats 7 oz at every feeding and only gets a bottle at the last feeding. She was just on 6oz bottles till about 3 weeks ago when she was still crying after every bottle. We gave her an additional ounce at each bottle and that seemed to solve the problem. My daughter also gets snacks like crakers and a little bit of water during the day. She also gets any table food that she could eat like tonight we had pancakes and she ate about a 1/2 of one. It is all she will eat and she is growing very well and the doctor says it is good.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Ok I can relate my baby is 5 mths was born at 10 lbs 1 oz and 22 1/4 inches long. He's currently on a formula and cereal diet and eating at 8 am 1 pm 6 pm and 9 pm and sleeps until at least 7 am. He eats 8 to 10 oz at a time and is pretty satisfied but gets fussy because he is teething. Check his gums and see if soothing them helps his fussiness. And if that's not it try an extra oz here or there at some of his feedings.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2009