Job Interview

I have a job interview, and I really dont want to mess this one up! Any Advice would be nice because I really need this job!

How do I get rid of the nerves when I go for this interview because they ussually get the best of me, and ruin the entire interview and then the employer doesnt get to see what I really have to give!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• go over your resume, sit in the mirror and interview yourself. ask yourself why youd be good at the job, and what you have to offer. be prepared for them to show you a stack of 500 applications and then ask, why are you better than these people. research the company a little, so you KNOW what your walking into, being armed with information makes you better, it says that you took the time to get to know what you were applying for, not just desperately sending out resumes. have a copy of ur resume if possible...and dress to impress..remember you need the job, you have the skill set for it, so set your mind to it and smile....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Go online to a career site...they will have sample interview questions. Monster.com or careerbuilder.com are great resources

And rememvber this: All they want to know is who you are and what you know.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Be prepared! Do your research about the company and be prepared with great questions.

I do career and job search coaching; send me a message offlist if you need help with your interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2009