• In the Spotlight:

Progesterone Levels

So im on clomid and had my progesterone levels checked today because i had my LH surge. My doctor called and said that they were really low and we would talk about it at my end of cycle appointment. SO does that mean a BFN for this month? God i hope not.. this is month 17 of TTC our first

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Low progesterone may mean that the lining will not be able to support the embryo. Which may be why it has been so difficult for you to conceive so far. Now you have a key piece of information that you can do something with. It may be that you only need supplementation through pills, progesterone suppositories, or progesterone in oil injections, to help keep your levels up enough. It's frustrating, but not the end of the world. I've done progesterone injections after IVF on my own, for several weeks, until the twins' placentas took over producing enough of their own. You can do it.

Be glad you are being monitored and getting key info. That's a good thing....even when you get info that seems bad at first. Now you can take action to correct it. Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2009