is it possible to have a period and still be pregnant

I had spotting on Thursday of last week had it for 14 hours and it was gone but Friday afternoon and then Saturday morning I started bleeding but it was not my normal period, I had upper stomach pain, and nothing eles. I had this for two days and that was it, I have brown spotting now and that is it. I am going to call my local health department tomorrow and see if they can tell me what could it be but I was wondering if any of you ladies had this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yes
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i have the same thing girl. but my lasted 2 days i think im preg 2 but everyime i post they just say take a test! lol we know that lol.. but its just a question. but it is possible. im going to make an apt nxt week and see
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• i had the same thing and i was pregnant :) GL
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• NO. it is NOT possible to have your period and be pregnant. Your period by definition is the shedding of the uterine lining that is necessary to maintain a pregnancy and would also flush out the egg. however, it is possible to experience bleeding and be pregnant. There is implantation bleeding, but that often is a one time thing and not very common. Women can be pregnant and even experience monthly bleeding similar to a period, but there is an extent to which this is normal and a point where it isn't. A million things can cause an irregular period. This is just one of those things that could be an indicator of pregnancy or you really did just get your period.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 11:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yes, but then it wasn't a period, it was bleeding. I did that the whole time I was pregnant with my son for no apparent reason.
    Anonymous

• yes you can have a period and be preg i have two healthy kids and with both pregnacys i had a period for the first 6 months and i think im preg with baby # 3 and have the same thing go on good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009