Soy & Organic Cows Milk?

My 21month old didn't use to like milk before None at all. So I tried different kinds of milk. Soy, Almond, Rice ext.. Finally she drinks milk now. I started giving her Soy milk but, she is so thin that i wanned to give her organic cows milk to help her gain weight. She likes it. But, my hubby & I drink soy. When all her milk is gone "cows milk" I give her soy.. Do you think thats ok to give her two different types of milk at the same time? I have notice that she is very gassy but, I don't now if its cause of that.

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 10:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't give her soy simply because of this: http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/index.htm
    I give my girls Vanilla almond milk :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• ...and I didn't even answer your question. lol. I don't see the harm in giving 2 types of different milks to a child. I just wouldn't give her soy.
    Autumn22

• I agree with Autumn22. My 16 month old drinks almond milk and organic cow's milk. I am not anti cow's milk, we just don't use a whole lot of it, and when we do it is organic. Soy is known to cause girls to hit puberty sooner (8, 9, 10 years old!), so we don't do that. I don't know what affects is has on boys, but why chance it? LOL I make my own almond milk and all the kids LIKE it, but the baby LOVES it. LOL But no, I don't think the 2 types of milk are causing a problem. Besides, nut milks (soy, almond, cashew, rice, etc) are more like a juice than a milk. Good luck
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I dont see a problem with it either. It is basically just two different types of drinks. She could be gassy because of one of the milks, or something else in her diet...but I don't think it is because you give her both.

Also, speak to your doctor about the soy milk and make your decision from there. There are lots of studies (which I assume is what Autumn posted...I haven't looked yet) that suggest it has too high of an estrogen level to consume large amounts of it. Both my son's allergist and doctor told me that he would be just fine drinking soy milk....BUT, I still choose to use Rice Milk instead. He gets soy every now and then, just not for most meals like he does rice milk or water/juice.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2009