Is the name 'Ava' too common to name my daughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No thats very cute.. its not all taht common
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I've been hearing it a lot, as well as other A names like Avery so for me I wouldn't wanna name it, but it's all up to the parent. I'm just not one to want to name something when it gets really common. Not sure how common it is where you are tho, I just know it's pretty popular here, so for me I wouldn't, but it doesn't mean it's a bad name :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Too popular for me to consider it for one of my children, but that's just me.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I actually have never heard that name used in real life, as far as I can remember. I guess it depends on where you live. I love that name, personally. Around here, the really common names are Madison (my name, but most of the "Madisons" are way younger than me), Brittany, Tiffany, Amanda, Kristi/Christi, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• you can name your baby whatever you want!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I LOVE that name! I was going to name my baby that but never got the chance seeing how I had all boys. My father-in-law told me once that it was "old fashioned", but I still loved the name! If my husband and I ever get the chance then we will name our baby Ava :)
    Jen5454

Answer by Jen5454 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• who cares if someone thinks it's "too common"? It's your baby name it what you want. I had a woman tell me my son's name was stupid and it didn't fit him. Do I care? Nope! his name is Sebastian Michael by the way.
    SebsMom29

Answer by SebsMom29 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Name your kid whatever you want! If you are looking for a unique name, then Ava might not be your ideal choice. But if you love that name, don't worry about it!
    Kylie819

Answer by Kylie819 at 3:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I have heard that Ava is popular...but I've never known any baby named that and I'm around a lot of babies since I own a playgroup. I do know what you mean by "too common" and why it would be a concern. My name was very common at the time and I was always addressed by my first name and last initial. Drove me nuts! It took me years to like my name...but I do! I also unintentionally named my daughter a trendy name. I had wanted to name my first girl Emma since I was 12. Then Rachel from Friends named her baby Emma and years later, its still topping the charts! I still named her that, though. If its a name that is special to you or just feels right, go for it. You can always pair it with a less popular middle name.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:28 AM on Nov. 4, 2009