Knitters

I am looking at learning how to knit. What websites are really good for a complete newbie like me. I don't know ANYTHING about it at all yet. Nothing about needles or yarn or anything and I have no one around who can teach me.

TIA

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 11:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm a self-taught knitter. I bought one good knitting book, but I relied on the Lion Brand Yarn website: http://learntoknit.lionbrand.com/. I thought they had the best explanations and pictures. They also have lots of free patterns.

lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I am a self taught knitter, too. I am currently working on a baby blanket. What helps me the most is you tube. Go to you tube and type beginners knitting in the search- there are tons of instructional videos. Everything from the very basics to how to change yarn colors while knitting.

Also- you can look up your local yarn store in the phone book and see if they have classes- usually they do. I hope to find the time to take a class soon.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2009