Do you still refer to your toddler as "the baby"?

My dd is 16 months old, and she is still referred to as "the baby".

"I'm putting the baby to bed."
"I need to buy some diapers for the baby."
"Can you give the baby her sippy cup?"

I can't help it. She's almost 32 inches tall, and doesn't really look like a baby anymore, but she'll always be MY baby. I'm just waiting for people to tell me to stop calling her a baby!

What about YOU?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• my youngest child is 10 and he is the baby around here I tell him all the time he will always be my baby even when he is fifty lol
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I stopped calling my son a baby when i started teaching him how to be a big boy. ...probably a little before 18 months. ..so right about your toddlers age.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I call my 3 yo the baby sometimes which is quickly corrected by her when she says Momma I'm not a baby I'm a big girl. My 16 yo I still tell her she's my baby. : )
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• yep. I have a 2month old but I have twin nieces that are 3,another niece that is 2,another one that is 5 and a nephew that is 4 and all of our family refers to them as "the babies" even though I have a 2month old and I have another niece that is 6months.I think its just a habit. And I think since my husbands family speaks mainly Spanish its easier for them to say b/c they don't speak english very well
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• my son is 17 years old and 6 foot 2 and i still call him the baby
    jacque1

Answer by jacque1 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My son is 15 months and I still call him a baby... I call anyone under 2 years a baby though...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My son is almost 18 and he's the youngest of 4...we all call him the baby, LOL Of course all 4 of my sons will always be MY babies and they are 23, 21, 19 and 17.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My son is almost 3 and still very much a baby to me. He can be a big boy when he's 30.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Well...my mom has a picture of the four of us (24, 19, 16, and 12) and the back says "My babies". When she introduces us she says "This is my baby *insert name*" and she calls my daughter "my baby's baby!" Oh yes, my daughter is still my baby and it bothers her she always says "Mommy, I am 6! I'm not a baby! I'm a kid" then I say "You're not a goat silly...and remember that book..." then she says "yeah yeah I love you forever blah blah." :-( weekly convo there...my niece is still my other baby and she is almost 4 (not from any of my siblings she's my SIL's babers)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My 16 month old is the baby of 5, so yes... we still call him the baby and might always call him the baby. LOL
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2009