paper and clock..wtf?!

so my one year ann is on the 14th. and I we want to stick to the traditional ways,so for 1 year is paper which is supposed to symbolize the strength obtained from the interlocking fibers, and the modern one is a clock for reasons to do with timeless, eternal love.The precious metals/gemstones associated with the first wedding anniversary are gold jewelery, pearls or peridot. The associated color is gold or yellow and the relevant flower is the orange blossom or pansy. But I dont want to do the obvious a watch and a card. Do yall have any creative ideas?! I need to hurry b/c I'm running late on getting a gift

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My stepdad got this pretty badass cucoo clock from Germany for their one year. He bought my mom a few watches so she could always match, she was lugging her old one with the botchy strap around. Uh yeah and they are weird so she got a dozen black roses.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• You can find some really unique clocks on line. You can get one that would match pretty much any hobby/interest he has. For the paper, simply write him a love letter. Get some really nice paper and get it printed out or if there's a place (or someone you know) around you that does hand calligraphy, have it done that way.

For my husband on our first anniversary, since he was in basic training, I simply sent him a plain card with a special letter. (Colored or fancy envelopes would get him in trouble, so I sent the card in a plain white envelope and didn't jazz it up in any way.)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Well I did that 'traditional" for about a year or two. It wears off. Having said that I saw a cool clock on line that had all the numbers on backwards. Or the one with all the numbers at the bottom--as if they had fallen down there.
    Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2009