Do you think moms with calm infants have a harder time dealing with the terrible 2's than moms who had super fussy babies?

My son hardly ever fussed as an infant but lately he fusses over every little thing and I don't know how to deal with it! And when he crys bc he's sad I have such a hard time calming him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• i think its just a personality thing, because my daughter, i think, was born laying on a lounge chair, lol. nothing ever bothered her, no terrible twos, no tantrums, very easy going child. Now as a teenager, she is still the same, very laid back and easy going, cool kid. my son on the other hand was the total opposite as my daughter, even in the womb he was a maniac, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Nope
    My son was calm as a baby and was calm as a 2 year old and is calm now
    I am having problems tho handling the fussy baby stuff with my daughter she fusses over everything andis 6 months old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Part of me wants to say yes.. My son was good until he got around 2 and then all hell broke loose and he's been wild ever since.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:36 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Hmm. My dd was a good baby but stubborn sleeper and is good now but still stubborn. My 3 yr old was an awsome baby and is super sweet. My 3rd, oh boy, he is feisty! So I often think he will be like this forever. So can I get back to you in about 2 years when my 3rd "spirited" child is about 4? lol But I think they are born with that personality and it sticks with them and the terrible two's and sometimes three's are exceptions, its just a phase and they return to normal, not demon spawns lol. But I know what you mean.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My first was an angel in every sense of the word. He is now 23 and still a delight. My 4th however screamed 20 hrs a day for the first 5 months. Compared to that the terrible two's were a delight!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2009