Is it ok to resent him?

My husband? I mean, he just barely got a job (he was out of work for a month) he helps with the baby, but I do most of the work (even when he was unemployed) he treats me decently for the most part, but he can be an asshole. He still goes and does what he wants for the most part and I can't- should I resent him? this is our first child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• its not a question of should you because you obviously already do resent him. Its hard to feel like you do all the work in a relationship, bound to a child and the man just lives life like nothing has changed at all! Man thats hard. But have you told him that? have you told him"hey yanno you are kinda still living like a bachelor" and give him examples? I had to do that with my babys father and he truly didnt realize it until I brought it to him in the right way. Men...they just dont get it sometimes ...gl.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• yes of course. i understand. but i am coming to learn that most men are like this at least a little. so as long as he treats you well then dont worry about it. the not working thing would bother me though. but my husband who is employed, and is the sole provider hardly helps, even when he has days off. he took off once to help me when my daughter was sick, and really he just caused me more work... ha. sometimes i resent him, bc he gets to go to work and have a life. but i just have to remind myself that im lucky i can stay home with my children, and that even though he is an asshole sometimes, he is for the most part a decent guy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2009