I know watching TV to fall asleep is bad but is listening to the radio OK?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We listen to old radio mysteries every night. My husband has done this since he was a kid so its habit for him and now Im cool with it and miss it when its not on.

My son(5)has his radio on every night.

No harm, no foul and we can sleep just fine without any of it(son included) but we enjoy it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i dont think so, i used to listen to tapes to go to bed, they were story tapes or just music (no commercials)...but i remember EVERYTHING that was on those tapes even tho i was half asleep so just make sure he isnt listening to anything that you don't want him to repeat.
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 1:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• You subconscious tends to still pick up what you were listening to. Sometimes I fall asleep with my iPod on and it's not by choice. Sometimes I fall asleep at my desk. Que Sera Sera.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I'd much rather it be a radio then TV myself.

My son is 5 and has his own radio, up just loud enough and a white noise machine to help him fall asleep. I have my radio on so I can hear Delilah and later John Tesh's radio show.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Nov. 4, 2009