What does everyone think about getting the swine flu shot for their kids?

I am afraid to get it but then afraid not to get for my kids. Neither are in school but I know that doesn't keep them from getting it. What does everyone think about the shot? I am worried about it being a new vaccine and the long term side effects.

hosein

Asked by hosein at 12:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you couldn't pay me to give it to my child. There hasn't been enough testing and there are way to many toxins in it.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. I did my research. The kicker for me was that my childs Dr's refuse to give it to their kids. So I defintley wont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My kids doctor also will not give it to her kids, she told me she believes in a 10 year testing period. I am only concerned because I hear about so many little ones dying. I know it is about getting them in as soon as you see signs and my doctor is good about that as she is open 7 days a week and I don't even have to have an appointment to get my kids seen. Maybe I am just over reacting.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 12:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Already got it for my daughter. Our pediatrician gave it to her. She melted on the spot. Just kidding about that last part. She's perfectly fine and I'm 100% confident we did the right thing by getting her the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 shot.

Do what you feel is right, but make sure you feel you have a good grip on facts. There's lots of misinformation out there.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Kinda freaked out.... I guess at the end of the day if I am not gonna put it in my body, I wont put it in my child's.
    kidomom

Answer by kidomom at 1:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• What if you don't get your child the h1n1 shot and then your child does get the swine flu. wouldnt you wish you would of gotten them the shot so they wouldn't of gotten the swine flu. better safe then sorry.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• All of my kids got it last week.

They may still get the swine flu (one kid was out all this week with some sort of flu virus) but it will be a lighter case.

It is not totally new. H1N1 is a strain of Influenza A, the seasonal vaccine was simply adapted for H1N1 and it will be part of the seasonal shot next year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I personally will not be getting it for my kids. There has not been enough testing on it. And as far as everyone dying from it, I have several friends and family member who have had the swine flu and they are all fine; even my 4yo nephew who has other health problems including asthma. He had it 2 weeks ago and it was just like a bad cold. You just need to do what feels right to you.
    my4kidsrock2

Answer by my4kidsrock2 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009