Christians and other followers of the God of Abraham

What is the purpose of being here? I don't understand why Jesus didn't just take everyone with Him when He rose to heaven then first time. Why are we still here?
And why would a God so high and mighty need little meaningless, worthless sinners to love and praise Him? That seems like an awfully humanistic need. ...oh wait. He doesn't need us? Then why did He create us?

I promise i'm not trying to bash. I've just had these thoughts in my head for the past couple days and i am wondering what everyone will say. I already think i know what most believers will say. But sometimes some of you come up with answers that actually make sense to me. Which is good because i am always trying to understand others beliefs.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• He created us out of his nature as a creator. His motives in the Bible are clear; God does not need anything. Creating us is a manifestation of his greatest attribute alongside of that of "creator":LOVE.

My husband and I didn't "need" a child. We created a child because we had love to give. I view humankind's relationship to God as creator in the same way. Does my son understand why I wrestle him in and out of warm clothes and put his shoes and socks back on his feet when he rips them off? No, if he did, he wouldn't struggle against me and wiggle all over. Does my son understand why he has to go to the doctor and get a painful shot? Probably not. Does my son understand that he has to fall down many, many times before he can get used to walking? I doubt it. So many things are simply neccessary due to the nature and order of the world, things that seem bad but work out for us because someone else sees (cont.)

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:13 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• http://www.gotquestions.org/why-did-God-create-us.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• my computer is going crazy I didn't type delete your answer, sorry ugh dang cafemom just don't work right any more
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:13 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I don't know the 100% sure answers but I'll share my understanding of it.

What is the purpose of being here? Because God is a creater. It's in Genesis. I don't understand why Jesus didn't just take everyone with Him when He rose to heaven then first time. Why are we still here? Because God doesn't lie. He made promises to his followers that certain events would take place.  And why would a God so high and mighty need little meaningless, worthless sinners to love and praise Him? He doesn't. The reason we are where we are is because Satan (who used to be God's right hand man), challenged God and his authority and became the Devil.  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• That seems like an awfully humanistic need. ...oh wait. He doesn't need us? Because God is God, he has to prove his authority. We're not his only subjects. Then why did He create us? Refer to question 1. I'm sure it's similar to us as parents. Why did we have them?
    Anonymous

• I don't think we are the right people to ask OL. If you have questions, shouldn't you ask the God of Abraham to answer them? Why did you create your kids? Did you *need* them? Or did you just want kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• LOOK AT IT AS A FATHER AND CHILD RELATIONSHIP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• What's the purpose of being here?
    God created us, I don't know why. It might be because he loves giving new creations life. Loves to create different things and bless them. But I do not know why,
    Why didn't Jesus take us when he ascended? Why are we still here?
    Imo, Jesus did not take us because there are still things that have to come into play. There were still so many people who had no knowledge of God, so that's why he asks us to be fishers of men. To teach others of God that they may be saved. We are still here for the same reason. Satan is not yet defeated. We are going to be the MOST unidue creation God has ever made, because those that make it to heaven are going to have lived a sinful life and yet conquered over it. No other creations has ever deal with this. Satan tempted many of God's other creations, but only we gave in.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• God doesn't need our praise as I see it. But he did create us, gave us life and everything that comes with it. So why not? I celebrate mother's day and father's day. I also celebrate a weekly father's day. Thanking my heavenly father for giving mel ife and my children, for the beautifulearth he has given us and the new one we will get after sin is gone. God enjoys hearring our praise because it means that we are happty and God wants us to be happy imo. My answers are not that great, please forgive me I am tired and will be for a few days, the baby has swine flu maybe. I hope I helped ease your mind though :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2009