What size should I buy her NOW?

My 12 year old daughter has just grown out of the 14/16 children's sizes in most everything, but I'm not sure what size to get her for some new undies. She is 5'4 and 125 pounds. If you are about this size, can you tell me what to get for her now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She might also be able to wear size 5 or 7 in ladies/misses undies. Hanes are the best fit and longer lasting.
    My 15 year old daughter is 5' tall and about 120 lbs and wears a size 5 in the cotton bikini style ladies panties.
    My 18 year old daughter is 5'5" tall and about 135 lbs and wears a size 7 in the same style.
    Wait until she goes through a growth spurt in the breasts and you find yourself buying her new bras in various sizes to try to keep up.....yikes! Have her try different styles in different sizes at stores like Walmart (check the fit on her yourself) and have her measured by a specialist in the nicer stores like L'egg's/Hanes/Bali/Playtex stores for the bras in their stores.
    It's a lot of fun going through the growing years with your daughter!
    How are you doing with buying her pants/jeans?
    Feel free to PM me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Doesn't the back of the package have a chart?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Probably a Junior XS or S...my sister wears an XS
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i'm about that and i wear a size small or medium. ...and i'm a junior size because i've never had kids so my hips are still narrow
    Mom to two boys who grew in my heart but not in my belly.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Answered at 1:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 by: outstandingLove
    i'm about that and i wear a size small or medium. ...and i'm a junior size because i've never had kids so my hips are still narrow
    ----------------------------------------------------

That last line is cute :-)

Sadly, some of us didn't need to give birth to have huge hips...genetics were like "Oh but of course you need these huge and those wide."...but it really helped carrying my child and birthing.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I was that size pre-baby (well I'm only 5'2 1/4) but I wore a medium in most brands & a size 6 in the brands that didn't come in small, medium, ect. Juniors & women's run the same when you get to that stage at least where I live. :)
    TMayes

Answer by TMayes at 3:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• 3/4 in juniors
    xs in vs
    s in tracksuits
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Thank you! I wear plus sizes so I'm familiar with 8,9,10, etc. I think the mom who gave the answer of 6 probably sounds familiar to me. All this junior stuff is new to me! THANKS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i would suggest getting her the smallest size of juniors/ women's undies... i am dealing with this same thing withmy 4 yr old boy -- some 5T's are too small, and the boys small is too big...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I'm about that size. Size 5 or 6 will do.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2009