I am pregnant and also have 2 toddlers. Any advice on how I can not get so tired easily and be more interactive with my kids?

My boyfriend is a Firefighter, so I do alot by myself. Being I am pregnant now and I am usually always feeling fatique and worn out, I don't do much with my kids and feel they are behind. I know my 2 year old can be potty trained but I feel so tired and just give up. They can both speak some words but not sentences. They also do not listen to me and they are always fighting with eachother. I feel I am lost, and all my family wants to do is complain on my parenting but not offer any help.

Asked by resquemom3 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You just gotta love family!!! LOL I have a new policy...the first person who tells me how to do it...comes over and does it themselves. It is sooo easy to judge when they are not living it. I am sorry that you have sooo much to deal with and then crap burger family members. The tired should be tired...your hands are full. Make sure that you are taking your prenatal vitamins everyday!!! they do help. Eat right and take a nap when the kids do...I don't care what you are in the middle of lay down!!! A mother of 5 taught me that..and it's the best darn advice any one ever said. good luck and don't be sooo hard on yourself. All that matters is that you are doing your best!!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Just try your best! with my daughter I do special "older" kid stuff that makes her feel important I try to do that as often as I get the chance we work on preschool skills she'll need color do crafts and sometimes play the game memory which for a 2 year old she is amazingly good at! sometimes I'll take her to the mall or store and get her a little something. My son is not as excited about that stuff but I take him out too. enrolling them in parks and rec. classes individually [if you can] is also a good thing. I wish I had more ideas!

Answer by Tayleina at 5:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I'm glad you asked this, I am in the same boat. I just try to listen to my body and take breaks when I need to. We invested in some backyard toys and a swingset so that my toddler can play back there while I read a magazine. I feel guilty for not being more interactive with him, but I know it's only temporary.

Answer by Liz_24 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Schedule play dates with other parents. Rest is not supposed to be in your vocabulary after you have kids. lol. Buy some educational stuff like dvd's and games that they can entertain themselves with.

Answer by Queentdi at 7:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• LOL.... I have a 4 year old, a set of 3 year old twins ( ten months apart) and a 2 year old. ( 18 months younger then the twins) Yeah, I was pregnant for almost 3 years straight... I found my self feeling really guilty because I was either too busy or to tired. But, I found changing my thinking to " its MY family, I can do what I want" helped. Hey, if your 2 year old doesn't get potty trained right now, who cares? It'll happen. Its not any ones business what you do in your own home but yours, and whats good for YOUR family right now. I did alot of playing on the floor. Where I could lay down, and play cars, people, stuff like that. Less physical stuff. I did alot of snuggling in my bed or on the couch. They get all your attention, and you get to rest. Good Luck!

Answer by barrettboys at 10:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2008