blood pressure pregnant?

Hello! I already have two wonderful kids 3 and 5 but my husband and myself would like 1 more! The problem is I'm in my mid 20's and have High Blood Pressure and also taking medication for the blood pressure!! :( I was wondering if there is or was anyone out there that had high blood pressure before they got pregnant and how well did the pregnancy go? It worries me alot! But 1 more baby would be a great blessing!!!! Thanks!:)

melisculia

Asked by melisculia at 3:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my sil did.... they just kept her on the meds and she was fine
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• If you can find a doc who specializes in high risk pregnancy and a medical doctor specializing in kidney function, and work with both of them, and be able to follow their recommendations, especially about your diet and when they start saying "stay off of your feet" and "limited bedrest", you should do fine. It is absolutely possible!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• There is a few "safer" HBP(Methyldopa for one) pills that you can take while pregnant but your best bet is to talk to your OB/GYN and your GP and keep them informed.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I suggest talking to your ob/doc before ttc. There are some bp meds that are okay to take in pregnancy, and some that aren't (I'm on one that isn't). If you're on one that isn't, they can switch you over to a safe one, make sure it works for you, then give you the go-ahead. You'll probably be monitored closer too, and possibly have to take your bp more often.
    Anonymous