Christians ?

what denomination are you?
what does that denomination teach on what you must do to get to heaven?
please give me scrptures to back those beliefs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Presbyterian.

Faith. Period.

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, so shall ye be saved." Romans 10:9

"By grace are ye saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, not by works lest any man should boast" Ephesians 2:8&9
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:05 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I don't like the whole denomination thing. I am Christian. The end. That's all I am. I follow Jesus and believe in him.

The above verses are great. It doesn't break it down into denominations (obviously because there weren't any).

The bible verses are the same demonitation to denomination. L-)
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 6:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Well said jlry ldy.
    Katiejl620

Answer by Katiejl620 at 7:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I agree with jlry_ldy and ditto to the whole denomination thing. And ditto on the scriptures.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• NON Denominational

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Christians?  Yes?

What denomination are you?  I don't know but was raised a Seventh Day Adventist.

What does that denomination teach on what you must do to get to heaven? Follow hte 10 commandments, focusing on the fourth commandment. Also not hurting the temple of God, that includes food/what we hear/what we see/what we drink. We are to take care into what we put into our bodies and hurt the temple of God.

rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Please give me scrptures to back those beliefs. I will have to look them up later. But Jesus and the disciples talked about not hurting the temple of God, and that the temple is our body. Also We can read the 10 commandments. The Sabbath was never abolished it is the seal of God and the way to heaven. The grace that people speak of is not what we are under, we are still under law.

rhanford

• Rhanford, I love you : ) but if you are still under the Law, you are under a curse. The Law never made anyone righteous!!! It was given to teach us that we are unrighteous and we need the Messiah. The Old Testament people were not saved by following the Law!!! They were only saved by faith. Abraham was justified by faith, 430 years before the Law!!! It has ALWAYS been faith. When you try and earn your salvation by following the Law you are falling from grace. STUDY Galatians 3 with all your heart. I did a study on it yesterday and you were totally on my heart the whole time.

BTW, I am a non-denominational Christian and I have been saved by God because I have faith in Him. My sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven when I die.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Im Catholic. We must obey the 10 Commandments, attend mass, confess our sins to a priest, and follow the teachings of Christ (New Testament).

I cant list the scriptures, because as I mentioned, its the whole New Testament. (Read the Good News version for a simple read.)

Why did you need scripture to "back it up"? Do you not believe in traditions as well? Sola Sciptura is not the only way to be Christian, its just the protestant way.
    MegaMamaTX

Answer by MegaMamaTX at 10:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009