How do you feel about stores putting out their Christmas and holiday stuff out so early?

How do you feel about stores putting out their Christmas and holiday stuff out so early? The stores around here had they're trees out in the first week of October. Im just curious.

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• I was just talking about this with my mom the other day. I was at Target the day before Halloween, looking at the discounted Halloween decorations. A few feet away I heard the Christmas CD display says, "Celebrate a Christian Christmas" & God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen began to play. I got a chuckle at the irony of that.

JeJaNi_MaMa

Answer by JeJaNi_MaMa at 11:13 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Over the yrs I have become accustom to seeing the Holiday displays come out earlier and earlier.
    I have a friend who works at the local Dollar General and I told her next yr why not just put up a sign saying "Labor Day Halloween and Christmas pre-sale" we both started laughing bc stores are bringing out the stuff...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I have to admit, usually I don't really like it. But, on the other hand, I live overseas with very limited "American" or "Western" shopping available to me, so I have to do a lot of internet ordering, then shipping it to our military postal address, which can take awhile, so I like being able to order things kinda far in advance so it has a chance to get here.

lol - Maybe if they had it where you could get it online early or even somewhat year round, but they don't completely flood the stores with the next season or holiday until you're closer to being done with the last or current one :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Apparently, there is a market for it! I don't mind.

Katiejl620

Answer by Katiejl620 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• first week of october? haha..hobbylobby (here) had their xmas stuff showing up in late august, a little at a time.
    it doesn't bother me, though. i'm used to it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Oddly enough, the old boys who comeinto my place in the afternoons were just talking about this. They came to the general conclusion that Christmas has become so commercialized they have about lost interest in the entire season.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 8:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It's better for some people they can buy stuff slowly over time instead of having to put so much money in at once if stores waited until the beginning of December to put stuff out.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It doesn't bother me at all.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• October too early. Nov 1, that's ok by me, I am loving it so far. One of our neighbors has lights up and our stores downtown have trees in the windows. I love it, especially with the time change, it doesn't seem so dark everywhere.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I am early shopper, so in some ways I like it, but in other ways it's too much. By the time december rolls around I am sick of christmas already. I like the pre christmas sales, but my daughter rode the "christmas" train at the mall, the same night there was trick or treating, that seems like a little much. Let halloween pass before we get to christmas.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2009