Should I tell them now just incase, or wait??

I was recently told that I might have a mass in my brain. My doc did a ct scan to check the level of fluid on my brain because I have a known condition with that already. When they read it, they said they see a mass that wasn't there before. Last time a scan was done, I was told that I had a bleed on my brain (which turned out not to be the case) and when my neuro surgeon saw the scan he said there was no bleed. NOW, here's the question. If I was your family member, would you want to know it was a possibility this early in the game so you could start to work thru your feelings, just incase. Or would you want me to wait till I knew for sure, because until my neuro surgeon reads my scan, I just won't know for sure. After all, I've been told wrong by these docs before once already. kwim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Health

• Wow..that's a tough one. I'm so sorry you even have to deal with that. I guess it would depend on what family member you were to me. If it was my spouse, I'd want to know so I could be there for him and give him someone to talk to. Probably the same with my parents and definitely I'd want to know with my kids. The rest of my family, I'd probably rather they wait til they knew for sure. Not sure why I'd feel that way, but I think that's how I'd look at it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Everytime i've had a problem like this i've only told immediate family for their support but waited to telle veryone else until I know for sure. No reason worrying everyone else if it's nothing there ya know?
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 8:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• its almost like waiting to tell about a pregnancy....immediate family yes everyone else no.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• For me the question would be how long do you have to wait for an answer (meanwhile dealing with this alone)? I'd probably tell the spouse.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I would tell my husband and probably my mom and wait on everyone else until I knew the results.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009