Does your kid grind their teeth?

For the last week or so I keep catching my DD grinding her teeth. It seems like she's done it pretty much since her molars came in. I know she's just exploring her new toys, but I don't want it to turn into an expensive habit for future dental care. Is there anything I can do other than make her stop when I catch her and tell her no??
And, if you've had kids that ground their teeth as babies, did it continue into their teens/adult years?
Thanks!

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lilith went through this for a while. It really gave me chills every time she did it, but she eventually stopped on her own after a few months and I have not heard it since.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• o wow! ds just started doin this within the last weeks or so. he's only got 6 teeth so far! i'm going to have to bump bc I dont know how to cure it, but i'm checkin back to see if someone else knows!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My daughter only grinds her teeth when she is getting a new one. We tell her to stop, but nothing works. She grinds for a couple days and is done until the next tooth is coming in
    falanlee

Answer by falanlee at 11:05 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Tristan had been doing it forever! i but him every time.. he does it all day.. i just say 'don't do that with your teeth it's not good for them' and i *think* he's getting better. it had been going on for at least 6 months though
    cespranger

Answer by cespranger at 10:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2009