twin vs. full bed -- which is the larger?? by how much?

my 4 yr old has out grown his toddler bed, i am looking online at beds online and i really dont know which one is larger, his room is so small! help me out please!

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 9:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A full bed is larger (that's what I had growing up and brought it into my marriage with me until we could afford to replace it with a queen). A full bed is the same length as a twin, but is double the width. A twin is only large enough to sleep one person, and full bed (also sometimes called a double) can sleep two...like when she's old enough to have sleep overs.

If you have an older house, then you probably have large bedrooms and may want a full bed. If you have a newer home that has tiny bedrooms, then you will want a twin so your DD has room to play in her room.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Full size bed is larger, though I don't know by how much. Google it!
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 9:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• The full is larger. I'm not sure by exactly how much, but it is wider and longer.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• A full size is almost a Queen if not a smidgen smaller. My dd has a full. The dimensions of her bed is.............54 in X 76in. Give a little extra for the headboard. Do you have any tape? Take the tape and measure out a space in his room with the measurments I just gave you and that should give you a visual of how big it will fit into his room.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I meant to tape an out line on the floor so it can give you a visual....*sorry*
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• A full is between a twin & a queen. A full *can* fit 2 adults who like to cuddle. They are the same length. A full is NOT double the width of a twin. 2 standard sized pillows put end to end are about the same width of a full. If the child's room is small, I would opt for a twin. My 4 yo just went from a toddler to a twin bed, she seemed so huge in the toddler bed but is seriously dwarfed by the twin, lol! My almost 8 yo just went from a twin to a full and swims in it.
    Anonymous