Do you have a method to ward off evil eye besides burned sage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. Sage is best for cleaning a space. But to ward off negative energy all together there are other and better options. Witch balls for one, hung in the windows will capture negative energy before it's able to enter the home. Fung Shi (sp?) Mirrors have been known to be effective in reflecting it. There are spells that can be cast and many other tips and tricks... I guess it comes down to you, your feelings and beliefs. As well as the kind of negativity you are trying to ward off...

For an evil eye, your best choice is a nazar. It's a blue and white glass talisman made specifically to protect against the evil eye and bring luck. There is also the Khamsa, which has the same purpose and is often warn as a pendant. And other options... Most you can find to buy on the internet, just run a Blackle search and you'll get tons of options.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Oh, I haven't thought of this in years! My grandmother used to pour a bit of oil into a bowl of water and hold it over the head of the afflicted person, and say prayers. I don't know which ones as they were in Italian. But the evil eye was supposed to be gone when the oil broke up.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• There must be a million ways of dealing with "the evil eye" but they basically break down into 2 groups; talismans or cleansing.

Talismans can be worn by a person or can protect a whole house by being place near the door or windows. These basically block all malevolent intent.

A cleansing is for someone who has been cursed & is feeling the effects of it. The idea is to wash away the curse or allow some substance to absorb it from you.

Whichever method you prefer you can easily find a specific formula from virtually any culture you prefer.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Talisman. But I'm sure there are those more experienced than I on this one.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I burn sandalwood to evacuate negative energy from my home.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• You can also try the type of witches protection bottle that you will bury when the spell is done.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I have one of those evil eye bracelets that I can't remember the technical name for lol.
    http://www.amuletgifts.com/images/LL108A.jpg

If it's a child get them an Azabache bracelt, with a little fist.
    http://www.starfindings.com/ebay/bracelets/azabachebracelethearts.jpg
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Wear a crucifix or hang one in the house or room.
    Also, blessed salts and oils can be bought and used.
    Make the sign of the cross over yourself.
    Go to mass.
    Pray to St. Michael to defend you and protect you from evil.
    MegaMamaTX

Answer by MegaMamaTX at 10:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• A loaded shot gun count?
    Anonymous