Women that had baby as early as 35 weeks??

Did you have a feeling he/she was going to come early? Did you have any symptoms that led up till 35 weeks? Was baby okay and healthy?
The reason i ask is..I lost my mucus plug at 32 weeks and im now almost 33 weeks. I woke up early this morning and i dropped majorly and so soon. I also live up three flights of stairs that i go up and down everyday. He is measuring a little bigger but not my much. Ive had BH contractions but nothing out the norm. Im having pains down below but again nothing out the norm. My first son was 2 weeks late and i had no symptoms of labor at all. I just have a feeling im going to have this baby sooner than later. Then again its just a feeling..could be excitement though :) Just thought i would ask..nothing like a little hope for baby to come on time but if he comes late then he comes late im not worried about it.

Proudparent707

Asked by Proudparent707 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I didn't have mine at 35 weeks, but I had mine at 33 weeks. I had no indication of labor whatsoever. Just woke up one morning completely in labor, got to the hospital and was 8 cm dilated. (Of course, that was with twins also, and they had to spend three weeks in the NICU) But then, with my youngest, I started having the feelings like she was going to come at 35 weeks, even had major contractions and she ended up being born at 41 weeks!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I have 4 children. My 1st was induced- she was 10 days late. My 2nd and 4th child we born around the due dates. However, my 3rd was born at 35 weeks. He was born perfectly healthy.. 6 lbs 7oz. He did have some minor breathing problems for the first 3-4 hours but they put him on oxygen and he was fine. I didn't have any warning that he was coming early. I started having minor contractions which we thought was due to a sinus infection and me being dehydrated. I spent the evening on the maternity ward getting IV fluids, they sent my doctor home and my husband home stating the fluids would help and the contractions would go away. A few hours later, he arrived unexpectly, but perfectly healthy. From everyone I've spoken with, usually the baby is pretty healthy after 35 weeks. I wish you and your baby the best of luck!!!
    4bridges

Answer by 4bridges at 9:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• aw thanx.. im so excited..i just pray my little one comes on time and is healthy but..its all in gods hands..
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I had my dd when I was 33 weeks pregnant, I was induced for health reasons but she was 5lbs 6oz and she was healthy. She had a little jondice and had to stay in the hospital fr about a week but other than that she was perfectly healthy... you should be fine antime after 35 weeks or so.
    Gigi76825

Answer by Gigi76825 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• you didn't mention your doctor- have you told your OB about what has happened and your level of activity (with the stairs)? I just ask because no doctor wants a baby born premature and anything before 37 is early. Lung development is the last thing to happen and obvious effects the well being of a baby if born too soon. I think an OB could give you advice on keeping your little on in to term. I know its exciting but having your little one in the NICU when you go home isn't. I'm sure you don't want this, of course, but you do want to inform your OB if you haven't already. My SIL works in a NICU so I'm just too informed about how things can go for babies born early. wishing you a healthy last few weeks!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i lost my mucus plug at 33 weeks, it tries to rebuilt so you still gradually lose it i had my son at 36 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Your symptoms mean NOTHING so that is good! I lost my plug at 31 weeks and was 2cm dilated, 70% effaced and at +1 station at that point. I continued to dilated a cm every other week til the point that I was 5cm, 80% effaced at +2 station by 37 weeks but I still didnt have my DD til my induction at 381 /2 weeks. BH at 33 weeks are totally common and NORMAL so I wouldnt be rushing to L&D anytime soon
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2009