Are there moms that you absolutely adore up until the moment you step into R&B or P&CE?

Are you able to leave the issue in that particular section? Or do your find that your disagreement carries over into other categories as well? Do you have anybody in "real" life like that? I guess that's why they say never to discuss religion or politics with friends if you want to keep them, lol!

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 9:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• P & CE I have a pretty good relationship (I think) with some mom's of opposing views. It helps that when I find myself getting unreasonable I take a break for a few weeks from the section.

I rarely if ever go to the R&B section. I feel like that's a silly thing to argue about. You're not going to convert anyone and of course there are differences in beliefs. I just don't get the point.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• This should go without saying, but please don't name any names! Thank you!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Political op's I can live with, religious ones as well as long as the mom dosen't feel the need to push her brand down my throat or mention it in every answer she gives.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• there are moms i like (not sure if 'adore' is quite the word), regardless of their opposing opinion (s). then, there's the flip-side-! lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yes. I ended up leaving a forum because of politics. I never would have imagined the moms I had talked to online for 3 1/2 years could say the things they did when the elections were happening last year. They were so insulting about my way of life that it became too hard to talk to any of them knowing they thought I was bascially dirt because we don't make $100,000 and up every year.

Religion is not so big of a deal to me. Everyone believes what they believe and I can't really fault anyone for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• In R&B it is hard not to mention what you believe in almost every answer, that's what the section is about, lol! But I do understand about not pushing it down someone elses throat and especially when it's absolutely unsolicited. I don't particularly like having someone shove theirs down mine but that is one section where double-standards abound.

It amazes me how many times I will see certain moms whose answers I think are best in other sections but when we cross over into other areas it is obvious we are in complete disagreement.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I think in both those sections, people can get really heated over issues. Most of it I just chalk up to their passion on the subject, but some take it way too far, flinging insults and just being horrid to others. That is when it's hard to see the positive beyond all their negative.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2009