What the heck! is 29 the age your body decides you need to stay fat!

I turned 29 this past summer. i swear i am getting so fat. I have never had that look of a huge tire small lets and arms. UGH i'm going crazy. I don't want to work out. I just am lazy i guess. I keep saying i'm goin to work out and i never do. it's like the dam sock pile I say everyday i'm fold them and all i do is keep adding to the pile. LIKE MY GUT i keep adding to it!!

Mrs.Oriaku

Asked by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Just dont eat after 6pm. That's what I started doing after having my baby who's now 3 months old and I have lost 17 lbs in 1 month 1/2. Late night snacks and dinners are very dangerous.

good luck!
    mysons_r_mylife

Answer by mysons_r_mylife at 10:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yes, you are absolutely correct! LOL!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• You have to start eating like a bird because it does get even worse as you age. Metabolism really slows down when you get into peri-menopause stages and then final menopause.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I am trying to figure it out, besides excersice I don't think there is another way, 4 kids later, 3 sizes bigger, 9 years later.

REALLY: I am not as focused as I was, I know my man loves me, and I am not really comfortable, but ok with my weight, I am not obese, and I don't have high blood pressure or anthing like that. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• You have to start eating like a bird

This is a contradiction as a bird will eat several times it's weight each day. LOL
    OP- yes once you hit about 30 your metabolism will change and it gets harder to get the weight off. Only good hard work will help...also, make the amount you eat start off large in the morning and taper off thru the day so that dinner is the smallest amount you eat. early in the day you burn more calories than later in the day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yes, the metabolism changes as you reach your 30s.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It started for me when I hit 30. Sorry!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I weigh less now than when I was 29. Eat less and walk,move more. If you sit too much,you get the spare tire.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you.Add up so much already since i turn 30 lol.
    THAIAMERICANMOM

Answer by THAIAMERICANMOM at 10:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• This is God's way of saying it is time for us to take our time & body serious. Start focusing on US instead of the husband, kids, job & partying. Thank you Jesus for the wake up call but please GIVE me the energy & desire to do something about it.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 7:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2009