Is it ok for Moms to dress there baby girls in bikinis?

At what age do you thing it is ok for a girl to ware a bikini?

TristaAshlynn

Asked by TristaAshlynn at 9:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that a baby should just go in the swimmer if easy is what you are looking for. Heck you dont even have to pull the bottoms down!!! I think there is not ONE not One good reason for a baby girl to be in a bikini. I think it is degrading and useless, and for some one to say " until she is filled out" well if she is not filled out that she dose not need a top! Her even being in a top makes her look like she is covering some thing!bad

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• mY BABIES WORE BIKINIS, WHEN THEY HAD PULL UPS, IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER CHANGING THEM.

MY 13 YEAR OLD I WOULD RATHER HER WEAR ONE PEACE, THAT IS WHEN I GET NERVOUS, WHEN THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO FILL OUT THE BIKINI.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I'm torn......it is so impossibly cute to see a baby in a bikini yet at the same time I think girls in general are dressed way past their age nowadays. I think if I was going to have my girl at any age younger than probably her teens in a bikini it would be in a non-public location. I would probably wish my teenager would wear a onepiece but good luck with that! I'll have to call in reinforcements (her daddy) on that one, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• A two-piece suit is much easier over a swim diaper. I, too, would only begin to worry about the bareness of a bikini once she can fill it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I told my DH, dd isn't wearing one til she's 30.... so pretty much when i'm no longer buying her clothes...
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 10:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I'm ok with the tankini, but showing the baby's midriff and having a triangle shaped top like they have breasts seems too provokative to me. I just can't help but think there's some pedophile at the pool that would see that kind of bikini as a sexual turn-on. Yuk. I'll stick with the one piece even if it takes a bit more effort to change a diaper.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i got my fat little baby a 2 piece when she was 9 months old i thought her little belly and fat rolls were cute, she's 3 now and i let her pick her own swim suits unless it's really tacky
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i dont know to be honest,i wanna say as long as they have no boobs bikinis are fine,but i know im not buying my teen a bikini (if i even had a girl lol) too many pervs and kids are having sex at such a young age now i have no intantion on letting anyone see my baby 80% naked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Bikinis are fine. They are swimming, not parading. Im not thinking wierd thoughts or anything.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• 3gigglemonsters, its not you that will be thinking weird thoughts... Its the guy taking a pic on his camera phone so he can go home and think about that little girl in the bikini, or the guy with the swim goggles diving underwater to see someone up close. Hate to think about it, but there are those disgusting people out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2009