• In the Spotlight:

sippy cups

there are so many different kinds how do you know which one is right for there age??? because I know you want to get them ready for a regular cup so idk if it matters what kind they use..... if so how do you know???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We used Nuby cups starting at 6 months and went to a straw cup (no clue what brand) at a year.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I also started with the nuby sof spout sippy around 7 months. DS figured out he could push the top into the sippy and make a HUGE mess. So I then got him the hard top ones around 9 months. He took about a week to get used to it, but does great now. He's 11 months and we just introduced the sippy to him a couple weeks ago. He's gotten used to it real quick, but is still working on keeping it down to get the fluid out. The reason I'm trying to get him to sippys is bc he makes a huge mess with bottles plus he'll be a yr in a few weeks.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• my DD started on the take n toss sippy cups. we now use the gerber ones.
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 10:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It doesn't matter which one you use, buy one and see if he is able to drink from it, if not, try another kind. My kids never had a problem, so I went by what character was on it. My youngest never used them at all. He went right to a cup from a bottle.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2009