Germophobes

For all the germophobes ~ do you check out books from the library? Wouldn't the books carry germs just like money does? Does this mean we should all stay away from libraries as well as shopping in the stores? Should we take Lysol to each page of each book? And to our money? And anything else that people other than us touch? When is all this going too far?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 10:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Health

• Lysol is pretty toxic; I wouldn't want it around my kid..

Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Germs don't live very long when on any surfaces....I wouldn't worry about the Library. Just wash your hands if you are worried but don't let fear of germs rule your life. That's no fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• We're staying away from the public library right now, but we have access to the school library and the church library - plenty for my kids & I. I'm more worried about the other people in the public library than I am the books.
    Anonymous

• I carry disinfectant wipes and sand sanitzier whenever I am out. Yes, I am a germaphobe, and people do look at stare at me. I wipe down my grocery cart, my money. When entering a store, I don't touch the handle without a wipe. People do look at me. But atleast I'm not the one getting sick.

I do my shopping early in the morning - there's less people out and better parking.
    Anonymous