seriously!

Ds is 11 months old and keeps eating ladybugs! They're everywhere right now. Those of you who get em this time of year know what i'm talking about. Its driving me crazy. Im guessing its not too harmful bc he's not sick, but how can that yellow gunk taste good?????? I can sweep or vacuum every 5 mins but it doesnt keep them all gone. Mostly just sharing, but anyone elses' babies love eating bugs?

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah, we got a puppy when my DD was about 10 months old. He was pretty good about going outside but one day while I was in the kitchen making dinner...um... I'm sure you get the picture. I about threw up!! I actually brusher her mouth out wiht my toothbrush and toothpaste. I shiver now at thge thought. Bugs would be a better choice after that!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• lol there was a cockroach that came in and it died but my dd took a bite when she was about 10 months old, i about puked!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Hahahah! No, my kids are so afraid of bugs (I have no idea why!) But as for the ladybugs, get a mulberry candle...they hate the smell and it keeps them away.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• o finally someone knows what they dont like! our house is log, so they're everywhere apparently they like the cracks lol its crazy how many are around!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• OMG - that is so funny and so gross!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Ew thank god this hasn't happened to me yet! I have 2 cats so they keep the bugs out for the most part.
    My daughter does however try to eat fluffs of cat hair that fall off my fluffy grey cat. I vacuum all the time but this cat sheds so bad
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• dont worry, its protien
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My son doesn't eat them, or at least hasn't yet, but he's definately interested in them when he finds one. Right now we only have a couple around the living room, and hopefully won't get any more then that. Sounds like a very frustrating situation for you. I hope he can be broken of that habit, because that cannot be good for him in the long run.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009