at what age do you switch your toddlers crib to the toddler bed?

i always thought you wait till they are like climbing out of it but our friends just switched their 11 month old this week and he definaterly wasnt climbing out. when did you switch yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my twins, they were 22 months. With my youngest, she was 19 months.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• 15 months
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• When they are ready, I don't think an age is what your seeking.

my first was in a bed, at 11 months, they were all in beds by 2 years of age, but it depends on the child.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i waited til my boy started climbing out cause i wanted to take advantage of the crib n playpen for as long as i could...i would say about 18 months....but my mother said she kept me in one til i was 2
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• my son is 18 months old and doesnt climb out of the crib succesfully but he does try. I attempted transitioning him but he used the bed more as a play space than a place to sleep. This went on for a good while. I laid him down, he'd sit up and get up and play. I left the room and gave him some quiet time. Every time I checked on him he'd run to the bed, sit on it, I'd leave and he'd play again. I threw in the towel, put him in his crib and he laid right down and fell asleep! So i guess he isnt ready lol. I might try again in a couple months. I dont want him to succesfully climb out of his crib and get hurt before transitioning him.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• 14 months ~ DD was not climbing out.
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 10:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Never. We went to a regular bed at 15 months with each of ours.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• my son is 19months and still in a crib... Untill i see him trying to climb out he will stay in it :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I did at 12 months only because my daughter climbed out of her crib.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I plan on switching my son before my newborn comes and makes my firstborn feel jealous that he has to give up his crib. So he will be 19-24 months give or take when he switches. It would have had to happen even if I weren't having another. He is getting pretty tall and I am sure he'll be able to escape it soon enough (and we have it set to the lowest setting). And I'd hate to deprive him of his favourite bear just to be sure he won't use it to climb on and fall out...so toddler bed it will be.
    melodywelden

Answer by melodywelden at 11:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2009