Do you have a great lasagna recipe?

I would like a recipe that includes vegetables and ground turkey. Do you have a good one or one that you think will adapt well? I'm trying to make it healthy.

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 10:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• YES!!! I use whole wheat noodles and the recipe is right on the back. All I do differently is add cottage cheese in place of ricotta (it's yummy), ground turkey in place of the beef and I chop up veggies like carrots, celery, onion, anything very small and add it to the sauce! It's great and easy
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• brown the turkey meat, duah lol
    for the sauce put tomato paste, boiled squash, boiled carrots, boiled celery in the blender then make like normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• To make it really healthy, use tofu instead of at least half of the ricotta; use whole wheat noodles instead of whit; use lentils instead of the meat; use sliced of eggplant or zucchini (or both) instead of some or all of the noodles;

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i always put a layer of spinich in mine,,its good
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I would use ground turkey, spinach, fat-free cottge cheese, and shredded Swiss cheese. I sometimes add finely shredded carrots to the spagetti sauce, too.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 11:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Brown your ground turkey with some italian seasoning sprinkled in. Add a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. In a bowl, mix together 30 oz part skim ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup FRESH shredded parmesan, 2 cups washed and drained spinach, and an egg. Combine well. Layer your cooked noodles, ricotta mixture, and sauce mixture, and then repeat. Finish with a layer of noodles on top, spread with the remaining sauce and topped with 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella. Bake as you normally would. You get a healthy dose of vegetables from the spinach.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2009