Follow up on sleep habits

A few days ago I posted about my DS waking up at night lately. Well, I wanted to follow up on the fact that we have had TWO nights without any waking up at 3 am!!! WOOOOHOOOO
I can't believe what a numbskull I was not to have anticipated this but...I think the issue was that he was cold. Since the weather had gotten cooler, we had switched from his usual tshirt and shorts to the long sleeved/pants jersey sleepwear with socks. (The 2 piece kind from Old Navy). Since I knew cold weather was approaching, I didn't want to be caught empty handed for warm jammies, so we bought warm ones. Of course, he wanted to wear his new jammies with the fire trucks. He didn't wake up at all that night. So last night we put warm ones on again and he slept through the night again. Poor little guy! I feel awful that he was freezing his little diaper butt off and I was bitching about not getting enough sleep! (SIGH)

JawgaMom1

Asked by JawgaMom1 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well don't feel too bad. My girls have special needs and we went for 4 or 5 years before we figured out that to them regular sheets feel hard and cold. They use flannel or tee shirt material year round now.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• lol I did that last year :) DH still doesn't get that DS needs warm jammies and thinks a t-shirt and diaper are good enough.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• dont feel bad!! my dd is 2 and takes her pants off in bed and will not stay covered up so she gets cold and wakes up sometimes. i turn up the heat in there to help but still it's not alway senough. dont feel bad just be happy u figured it out!!
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 12:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Thanks, ladies, maybe I'm not a dumbass after all. Wait, don't comment to that, I'm sure I'll prove otherwise at some point. LOL
    auroura, my DH is like that too. I think it's because HE sleeps so hot he thinks DS does too. I call him the "human heater" and boy is he great to put my ice cold feet on in the winter. He hates it, of course.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009