wow, Im I the only one?

Ive gained a total of 3 pounds t/o my pregnancy. My doctor said that it wasnt my fault I just had a really fast metabolism. I started out 114 then dropped to 105 and now Im 116. But yet she says my baby could weigh 7 pounds?? really? Oh BTW Im 35 weeks.

Kaidensmommy009

Asked by Kaidensmommy009 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know some other women that has happened too. Certainly not me though! lol I gained 60 lbs with my twins, and 30 lbs with my youngest! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• everyone is different i gained 45 with my first i was 90lbs when i got preggo drop to 80 and then deliver at 126. with my ds i was 140 when i deliver and 112 when i conceived him. my sister gained liker 10 lbs. my dd was 7lbs a3 oz at birth and ds was6lbs 8 oz
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I walked out of the hospital post birth at my pre-pregnancy weight or just a little less and DS was fine.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I started out overweight. For about the first 29 weeks I stayed exactly the same weight. Then I gained 9 pounds in about 4 weeks, now I've lost 3 pounds. I was told as long as the baby is growing ok and is healthy then there is nothing to worry about.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• With my last baby I didn't have morning sickness, persay, but I struggled to eat. Fresh fruit was about the only thing that ever sat well in my stomach. I lost between 30-40 lbs through my pregnancy, even the last weeks I was still dropping. That baby was 9 lbs 2 oz.

My 2nd-to-last baby I also couldn't stomach much, I lost the first 5 months, plateauted for 2, and gained just a few pounds in the last 2 months. I gave birth about 15 lbs lighter than what I conceived at. She was 8 lbs 11 oz, my 2nd-smallest baby.

My firstborn I didn't gain a whole lot of weight, I carried her really high and close, when I was still waddling around at 42 weeks a lot of people thought I was only 6 months, and she was 9 lbs 8 oz.

So yes, it's possible to gain very little and have a good-sized baby (but in my opinion, based on MY babies weights, 7 lbs is a tiny baby, lol!). And no, I'm not a huge woman. Not tiny, but no amazon!
    Anonymous