what can i do?

i just started watching kids, took over for my mil..anyway, what kind of activites can i do with them?? something that they'll have fun with and will keep their attention.........their ages are 4 1/2 (she's a little behind), a 2 yr old, my dd 1 1/2, a 9 month old and a 6 month old...i dont expect to be able to do anything with the younger ones, but i need some ideas..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• this might not answer your question all that well, but yesterday I watched my friend's son, who is 13 m/o and my son is 18 m/o. I had to watch him all day while his mom was at work. my son is VERY active, my friend's son is VERY mellow. I put on some music (spanish guitar) for background noise and we had so much fun! we played with my son's toys, I tried to teach them how to share, we colored, we danced around and sang songs, we had breakfast, lunch and snacks together and I succesfully laid them both down for naps at the same time (my son didnt nap very long at all, but it was nice to relax for a bit lol). my friend's son had the sniffles otherwise we would have spent a few minutes outside enjoying the sun and weather.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Lots of colorful toys that make rattling noise :) That keeps my 10 month olds attention for a very long time. Also music time, arts and crafts, maybe cartoons (limited)...if not to cold, go outside. You are a brave woman to watch so many young children at once :) Good luck with everything! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I have a nearly 2 year and 4.5 year old. We have age appropriate workbooks for the oldest she loves it. They both enjoy coloring and cut and paste activities. (Only the oldest cuts.) Taking walks and going to the park. Catch, play dough, finger paint, puzzels.  Puppets and dress up (thrift stores may have cheap supplies) Maybe get some leaves and let them rub them onto paper with a crayon. Dancing. And they do well playing by themselves. Also the oldest 3 might enjoy the Sesame Street website games. The oldest two may even be able to do it all by them selves.  My two love playing on the computer.  Reading Rabbit has games for as young as 18 months. 

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Coloring, puzzles, building forts, play dough, finger paints, drawing, dress up, going to the park, taking walks, playing catch .. Those are all good activities to do with the kids.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2009