Is being absolutely exhausted at 8 weeks of pregnancy normal? What can I do to gain more?

Just getting through the work day is a challenge.

jratter

Asked by jratter at 12:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• welcome to pregnancy lol I was exhausted too! your body is going through a major change which requires a lot of energy! are you taking pre-natal vitamins? eating small healthy meals throughout the day (no more 3 big meals for you, you need to eat many small meals to keep the energy up and for the calories)? follow your body's cues. if you feel tired, rest! i got addicted to those Fuse fruit drinks which were also high in vitamin b!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Very normal. It usually goes away after the first trimester, but there's not much you can really do except wait. (And be prepared for it to come back when you get towards the end and you're lugging an extra person around. ;) )
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yes it is TOTALLY normal but fortunately it starts to ease up around 12 weeks when your hormone levels start to not rise so much. Take extra V6, its totally healthy in pregnancy and it is used to boost your metabolism:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i'm with you ! i was extremely exhausted during the first trimester with my first. he is now 2 and i'm 6-7 weeks pg, and exhausted again. now i have nausea on top of it. i work too and i'm really struggling. hang in there! hopefully we will both feel better by Christmas. hopefully sooner!

i have a due in summer/interested in natural birth group, if you're interested. just search in groups :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Normal but have your doctor check your iron levels. I was anemic and once I started taking iron it REALLY helped with the tiredness.
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 11:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2009