5'2 - 155 pounds feeling depressed?

Hey,
I just turned 20yrs old on Saturday and am 155 pounds am 5'2 and this is making me feel so depressed I try so many diets and nothing works and am feeling very unconformable with my body I don't want to go outside I even want to quit my job because I feel like am so over weight I gave birth 1 yr ago and I don't lose the weight and I cant stop eating I need some advice any diet that really works or a pill something please help I can't afford a nutritionist right now but at least any kind of diet advice could help thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Low fat, low sodium. How picky are you on what you eat? I have lost 30 lbs in 4 months. I started off at 5'6" weighing 208, now I weigh 178 (or less, its been a week and a half since my last weigh-in). It is difficult because you have to watch for hidden fats and SODIUM in lots of foods, but there is still a LOT you could eat. You will drop weight fast the first few weeks because with less sodium, your body will rid itself of the water you retain. Then it will be slow but steady after that, a pound or two a week. And that's without exercise, just changing eating habits. If you would like a list of foods you could eat, and some really good recipes, PM me. I'm always willing to help out someone else!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• baby girl get over it. I would loveto be your size. Im 5' 1'' and 179. How 'bout them apple! I have ass for days, and enough tits to go around the Cafe and still have a full cup size, LoL! My thighs are round and my tummy isnt as flat as id like, and Im 22. But so what. I look damn good, and I bet you do too. Walk and drink lots of water, detox before staring a diet, and when dieting make sure you take whey protein with a fat burner, and vitamins. You'll loose weight in no time. Good luck
    Anonymous

• i wish i had your "problem". I"m sure you are beautiful, dont be depressed. there are women waaaayyy bigger than that, that is nothing. I would love to be at least 165lbs. i'd be happy. chin up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Diets don't work. Changing what you eat permantely is what works. Start out by cutting out ALL sodas and sugary drinks. Replace them with the diet version and 0 calorie vitamin waters. Regular water is best.
    Next stop storing junk food in your house! If it is there you WILL eat it. If its not there you'll be forced to eat something else. Find things that taste good to you that you can snack on instead. Fresh fruit with yogurt dip, cheese and crackers, hummus and pita. Whatever floats your boat. Just avoid anything fried at all. If you cut out all fried foods, all fast food and all drinks with calories you should notice a difference quickly. Start making meals at home.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the drink only water! It takes time to get use to it. If you drink caffeine drinks regularly you will get caffeine headaches. But it is better for your body in the long run. Plus if you love to eat (I do ;) Eat veggies or fresh fruit for a snack. i don't eat red meat (it makes me sick) so i don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. The only time i eat "red" meat is a deer. yummy :) Smoothies made with fresh fruit and yogurt are a favorite of mine. :) i keep junk out of my house
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Ever heard of Prism? It's a christian based lifestyle change. You lose weight very quickly and it feels so good! It's hard at first but you get used to it, and eventually don't crave sugar or junk at all.
    Start out two weeks of NO Flour, No sugar, No hydrogenated oils, and no potatoes. You'll lose weight quickly, and count your calories. Don't go over, about 11 or 1200 a day.
    After the first 2 weeks, you can introduce only whole grain flour.
    You'll be eating lots of beans, rice, oameal. For a natural sweetner, instead of sugar, use fruit, or honey. I used sugar free jello to satisfy sweet cravings even though it's not really allowed. Oh well!
    My sister lost a ton of weight this way, and she was able to stick with it. Aside from the weight loss, you'll be really healthy. Good luck sista, and remember, YOU, are not your body. Love yourself for who you are and not what you look like.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• stop dieting and being lazy. start exercising at the gym. cardio. eat several small healthy meals a day. and you can still eat the crap you always have just in moderation.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 12:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2009