How much does it cost th have a baby?

Im 7months pregnant with my first baby. I make to much for medicaid and i have no insurance. Does any one know how much ruffly the hospital stay is???

winnee10

Asked by winnee10 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think mine was about $50k but I didnt have to pay for it, I had insurance
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• At my midwives' office (also ob/gyn office) they gave me a sheet saying how much it would cost if I had no insurance and information about setting up payment plan with them. I do have insurance, though, but I think the cost on there was just under $3000 for vaginal birth, $3000 something for C-section and between the two for VBAC. I don't know what all that included. On our insurance paperwork, they charged $1500 for room and board, $800 for the hospital pediatrician to check my daughter over twice and for the hearing exam. There were more costs, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• With my son when all was said and done, including the c-section the costs came to about $5,000, I did thankfully have insurance that paid for everything but the room
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• (roughly) Mine were all approximately $5000, which included 1 ultrasound, all the prenatal visits, the hospital stay (room for me, nursery/tests/etc for baby), everything that comes with a "normal" healthy pregnancy and vaginal delivery - which I had with all of mine. You'll have to call your hospital and ask them approximately what the fees will be, and how you can arrange to pay for it all, how you can make it "cheaper", etc.
    Anonymous

• it cost me 0 so far, my insurance covers it...you're going to have to go to the hospital where you plan on delivering...they should have some estimantes for you
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• All three of my c-sections were 10,000 dollars each at two different hospitals. I think a vaginal birth is about 5,000 because of a shorter stay and no operation of course.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• LOL 50k??!?! Your room must have been made of gold, had a c-section and had 8 babies. hehehe
    Anonymous

• I think on average a hospital birth is around 5-10000$. I'm going to a midwife and using the a birthing center. So all of my prenatal treatment, the birth and postpartum care is going to be a little over 2,000$. If you go to a hospital look into getting assistance from the hospital. Also many states have an insurance option if you don't qualify for medicad. (in indiana its called HIP).
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• depends on alot, vaginal is cheaper, complications. alot of things to consider
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

no deliver is that expensive

piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009