Has your Toddler had/have H1N1?

If your toddler had or has H1N1 what were/are some of the symptoms? how high of a fever?
My DD is 17 months and she had a cough start last thursday evening, went to the doc on monday said her lungs were crystal clear, then yesterday she got sent home with a fever from daycare.... I call the nurse line and they said if fever presists longer then 24 hours that she should be seen again. By dinner last night fever was gone and gone this am.
I dont think its H1N1, but just want to see what other tods symptoms were/are.... thanks in advance

LizaJayne

Asked by LizaJayne at 12:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fever, cold symptoms (nasal and chest congestion), aches, chills...same stuff you get when you get the seasonal flu. It's just a different virus causing the flu, that's the only difference.
    Anonymous

• With the flu, (both seasonal and regular) it will hit you like a ton of bricks. High fever, congestion, etc...but it comes on very fast.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 12:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My 14 mos. old tested positive for Influenza A (h1n1), and her symptoms included a croup like cough and she was very lethargic. She had a fever of 102, but for only one day.
    tts

Answer by tts at 12:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• H1N1 doesn't always come with a fever. DS's symptoms were lethargic, poor appetite, extreme congestion and a cough. Since he is only 2 I can't say if he had body aches and chills. His temp was 101 on and off for 36 hrs.
    irishmama1007

Answer by irishmama1007 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009