anyone have panic attacks?

i been having them but i just had my baby about a month ago so now my dr put me on lexapro i just started lastnight i was so scared to even put it in my mouth,how will i feel when my panic attacks are gone? did you have anything wrong with you meds if you took any?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used to have panic attacks, and I tried several different drugs. I didn't like the way any of them made me feel and I was more terrified of the side effects than the panic attacks. The best thing to do is to deal with the source of the problem, and then you won't have them any more. It took me a long time to find the right kind of help, but I did find it, and I praise God that I did.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i been having them for about 3 to 4 years now
    Anonymous

• panic attacks, when not brought on by a trauma, are best dealt with by medication. chances are this is a part of your hormones fluxing after the pregnancy. I was way more hormonal after I had DD than while pregnant. Sometimes you aren't going to find what works for you on the first try, and if you're worried about side effects, start it on a weekend when your husband is around or stay with your mom for a week if you can. see how it goes, but I bet its the panic inside of you that makes you hesitant to take something. I've taken panic attack meds and they just help me feel a little bit more removed from a situation so I'm not so freaked out and overwhelmed. good luck
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 2:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2009