can u breastfeed after taking tylenol cold multi symptom severe??? ive been taking it last couple days an just using formula bc i was very sick the last time i took it was this morning when can i breastfeed again?

Asked by momatonly16 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup, I did with both of my girls. Just stick with the recomended dose.

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Tylenol is fine, and actually nursing while you are sick is great for your LO. It passes on the immunities to baby. Baby is already expesed to you so, to get the immunities into them is the best thing to do. Just make sure you are keeping your fluid intake up.

Answer by nosborne at 1:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• What does the doctor say?

• couldnt get ahold of them i lost my voice from being very sick :(

Answer by momatonly16 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It's fine. It is best to nurse when sick so that baby gets the antibodies. Had you been pumping while using formula? Be careful not to compromise your supply.

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yeah you can nurse while taking that in fact my doctor told me too....if you have not been nursing or pumping those meds may have dried you out and its gonna take a while to get the baby back to the breast...start nursing NOW

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2009