i cant stop getting sad...advice, this is so scary to me

Im just so confused on what to do
lately i have been expressing my worry about getting induced, im only 39 weeks and there is no date set yet but the absolute latest my doc wants me to go to is 41 weeks because he thinks the baby is large.

I really have a gut feeling that I am going to have to be induced and TBH it scares the shit out of me. I wanted a non medicated birth so bad. I know im kind of jumping the gun, i have 2 weeks until I need to make that decision, but its scary that if i reject i could put my baby in harms way because he might not be thriving at that point anymore, ugh

ive dilated a centimeter more from my last appt. last week so im at 2.5 cm now.

im just scared and even though my whole family supports natural child brith, med-free my mom and even my hubby have both come to terms with scheduling the induction just in case. Im just FREAKING out i think

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try taking a bath (if you can) or going for a walk. Maybe go to a movie and to the olive garden for all you can eat soup/salad/and breadsticks (i am preg. and this sounds really good to me right now).
    In the end it is hard not to stress about going into labor/what labor will be like/ if everything will be okay, etc. Hang in there and take it easy. In a few days you will have a beautiful little baby to take care of.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• hun relax i wasthe same way pregnancy will do this to u trust me dont make any big decisions while ur prego lol
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I answered your last question and I'll say the same thing again. RELAX, just do what needs done to have a healthy baby.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It is admorable to want to have a non medicated pregnancy. Do what is healthiest for you and your baby. Doctors recommend what is best in their opinion. Also, don't be afraid to take meds if you want or feel the need to. Try to relax- good luck.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Im trying to relax
    my doctors words are like haunting me right now. I dont mind going over the due date, I wouldnt mind going a couple weeks over it, but if my doctor says I should do otherwise then I will.

Its just ever since he has basically set a time period for me it has been replaying in my head over and over again...to the point of I feel like im on overload.
    I guess the way I associate it is if I go into labor naturally its all good pain, its what my body is supposed to me doing, if I need pitocin or something Its like a forced pain, like something is wrong. Just a lot of worries, Im going to try and distract myself to see if I can get a grip on my emotions
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I was induced and it was fine. I was also very nervous, but everything went very smoothly. In fact, being induced at the hospital was great because I didn't have to bear the contraction pains too long before I had an epidural. You'll be fine! Good luck!
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 1:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Thanks ladies....I have a lot of food for thought and I will be discussing everything with my hubby when he gets home from work. I was prepared to go the long haul(so whenever baby was ready to come), yeah being pregnant isnt the best at towards the end but I look at it as temporary

but what really makes this a harder decision is that I cant just look at my POV, this is not just my baby, my hubby says if there are any risks with waiting, ultimately its my decision, but he sides with the doctor to insure his son not only comes out alive but healthy. So I have a week until I tell the doc a date to go in for induction, so in between today and that final date I will be doing all I can to try and bring on labor...sex, walking, warm baths, etc.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2009