wHEN TO TAKE A TEST...

I am 4 1/2 weeks post partum, and on sunday night me and DH did the deed and he did go inside of me, the next day i had clear thick stringy mucus in my panties so im guessing that means i was ovulating? it lasted monday all day and a tiny bit today...i know we are STUPID so no bashing, but just wondering how likely it is to get pregnant if that were me ovulating since i havent had my period yet...i am not breast feeding if that matters =)

ALSO-IF I AM PREGNANT AGAIN, WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST TO FIND OUT SINCE I HAVENT GOTTEN MY PERIOD BACK YET?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Just wait until your 6 week checkup with your doctor...have them do a test there.
    Anonymous

• If that did indeed indicate ovulation, then you'd have a 25-33% chance of having gotten pregnant. Wait two weeks to take a test, or have your OB do it at your check-up like the PP suggested.

But the stringy discharge could have been from the semen and may not have meant ovulation after all, since you didn't notice it until after sex.

Good luck with things!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• well i have 2 girls who are 12 months apart i found out i was pregnant when my daughter was 5weeks old! My doctors said i was strange to concive that early but oh well. Good Luck!
    constanceocean

Answer by constanceocean at 4:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I would wait 19 days after (when you think was) conception, if your period doesn't come by then (it may or may not), you can also ask at the 6 week checkup.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 5:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2009