ok, WHY is everyone obsessed with shaving everything nowadays?? I am the only one who has a single hair left somewhere??

It is like society is making us feel abnormal for not leaving hair where it belongs, especially on women. People act like it is "gross" to have hair on your genitals, but that's just silly to me, when I would assume that razor bumps are more likely to cause infections and I think body parts look weirder without hair, honestly. I am just weirded out by it, and it is very uncomfortable to do for someone like myself with sensitive skin, and I just don't get why it's "sexy" to look like a prebuscent girl!! It is bad enough we have to shave legs and armpits, and now it's like genital hair and arm hair and what's next!! And don't even get me going on men with no chest hair and the like! I am not saying don't shave if you want to, but why is it the norm and why do people have to treat us more natural people like we are gross and weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol idk but u got a point
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• LOL...I feel the same way! I am lucky if I have time to shave my legs and pits...let alone anything else! I attempt basic grooming...but no more. It don't need some high maintenance and itchy painful "hair do" to worry about...on any part of my body!

Anonymous

• body hair can trap yuck
    Anonymous

• Does your husband think it's sexy when he gets your pubes stuck in his teeth during oral sex?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I trim. It all goes back to an encounter in high school where my BF called me "Amazon". My hair is a bit unruly- it needed to be brought under control:0
    Anonymous

• I agree! It is not the norm around here. I trim, but I never shave it all off because I'm a grown up and look like one. My husband appreciates that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I've got sensitive skin, too, so I know where you're coming from. I can't even shave my legs and armpits regularly, it's that bad. Not that I mind.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Personally, I have shaved for a long time. I never really liked the way the hair felt. I just feel cleaner. I've noticed that periods are less messy without the hair also. Hair blocks alot of sexual sensation, is one other reason. Razor bumps are not a problem after you get used to it. Use a good razor, a good moisturizing shave gel and moisturize with aloe and vitamin e baby oil these steps avoid the razor bumps.
    Anonymous

• You can thank the media for that, whether it be magazines, tv, movies....etc.
    Anonymous

• I don't want to tell anyone else to do with their body (and please don't tell me what to do with mine!), but I will say that you are not alone. I shave nothing. :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2009