SEVERE back pain...any suggestions????

I am 37 weeks pregnant and cannot find a comfortable way to sit or stand. My back is just unbearable the past few weeks, and my patience is running out! I had my check-up last night, and the dr. wasn't concerned, but I need some relief. I have tried resting with my feet up, a heating pad, and a warm bath. If you can offer any other suggestions, please do! (I didn't experience this with my first born.)

TiffaniR

Asked by TiffaniR at 1:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• massage. I live with chronic back pain and since many options can't be done while pregnant, this is all I can think of. There are special pregnancy massages that places offer. I've never had a pregnancy massage but I know a muscle rub, often along with a heating pad, can help at least a little. Trust me, 3 weeks of pain may suck but after living with it for 12 years, at least yours will end soon! hang in there!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2009